So I'm sure the first question everyone is going to have is how I saw this episode. While I wish I could share the link with you all, I've been given the link by a friend from HBO Spain, and I was unfortunately told I can not share it similarly to what happened with the second half of Guess Who last March. I'm really sorry I can't share the link so you all can watch it, but I hope everyone knows that I absolutely would if I could. I'm more than happy to answer any questions about the episode (or provide any screenshots of that missing section from the Turkey recording) if anyone wants. I'm really hoping the episode airs very soon so everyone can watch it! Nonetheless, I wanted to review it since I've seen it, and I will keep this review spoiler free and not reveal the culprit since I know no one else has seen it.
I really liked this episode! Carol was definitely a very animated guest star who felt like she played a big role in the episode. I'll admit I haven't seen three out of the four movies the gang (virtually) were in, so I didn't have anything really to say about the first three films - Casablanca, The Searchers, and A Night at the Opera other than the settings were cool. I have seen The Wizard of Oz, though, and I felt like they did an amazing job with parodying that film. I thought Daphne's voice being different when she was Dorothy was pretty cool, and I also thought it was interesting how they had both Carol and Daphne be Dorothy in the film.
I think this villain was one of my favorites of the entire series. The glowing blue eyes and the fact it could shapeshift was amazing! The villain's name, though, was the absolute worst of the series, and possibly of the franchise. The villain is called "The Ghost Monster" which is just such a cringey and unoriginal name for such a cool monster.
Having seen this last episode, I can definitely say that the voice actor episode should have been last. I get what they were going for here: a tribute to classic movies of sorts, because Guess Who is comprised of television and movie stars, but the voice actor one still felt like it would have been a more special one to make the finale. Carol singing her trademark goodbye song from her TV show was really sweet though, and is likely another reason they put this one last.
The episode did kind of feel a lot like "A Run Cycle Through Time!" pacing-wise. Cramming four different movies into 20 minutes didn't do the parodies as much justice as they could have done. It felt a little rushed, but not horrible. The Wizard of Oz one felt like a perfect amount of time, so maybe the fact that I hadn't seen the other three films influenced how I saw the pacing.
I liked this episode a lot, but it's definitely not top 10 material for me, so I'm going to place it at #17/50.
1. I Put a Hex on You!
2. A Haunt of a Thousand Voices!
3. Total Jeopardy!
4. The Horrible Haunted Hospital of Dr. Phineas Phrag!
5. The Last Inmate!
6. The Dreaded Remake of Jekyll & Hyde!
7. Dark Diner of Route 66!
8. The Sword, The Fox and the Scooby-Doo!
9. One Minute Mysteries!
10. Dance Matron of Mayhem!
11. Returning of the Key Ring!
12. Cher, Scooby and the Sargasso Sea!
13. Elementary, My Dear Shaggy!
14. Too Many Dummies!
15. When Urkel-Bots Go Bad!
16. The Feast of Dr. Frankenfooder!
17. The Movieland Monsters!
18. Falling Star Man!
19. The Internet on Haunted House Hill!
20. What a Night, for a Dark Knight!
21. Attack of the Weird Al-osaurus!
22. The Cursed Cabinet of Professor Madds Markson!
23. A Run Cycle Through Time!
24. The Nightmare Ghost of Psychic U!
25. A Fashion Nightmare!
26. The Wedding Witch of Wainsly Hall!
27. The 7th Inning Scare!
28. The Crown Jewel of Boxing!
29. Scooby On Ice!
30. Lost Soles of Jungle River!
31. Caveman on the Half Pipe!
32. A Moveable Mystery!
33. Revenge of the Swamp Monster!
34. The Scooby of a Thousand Faces!
35. Scooby-Doo and the Sky Town Cool School!
36. Now You Sia, Now You Don't!
37. The High School Wolfman's Musical Lament!
38. The Tao of Scoob!
39. The New York Underground!
40. The Phantom, the Talking Dog, and the Hot Hot Hot Sauce!
41. The Lost Mines of Kilimanjaro!
42. Hollywood Knights!
43. Fear of the Fire Beast!
44. The Hot Dog Dog!
45. Quit Clowning!
46. Peebles' Pet Shop of Terrible Terrors!
47. Space Station Scooby
48. Ollie Ollie In-come Free!
49. The Fastest Food Fiend!
50. A Mystery Solving Gang Divided