The Loch Ness Mess (A bit misleading in the title but still good)
A Highland Fling with a Monstrous Thing (Good, Creepy and Funny)
Scooby-Doo and the Loch Ness Monster (Great, Epic and Very Cinematic)
Completely agreed with your rankings!
Loch Ness Monster for me, best WNSD era movie.
That one comes in second for this poll for me, and it's towards the middle of my WNSD film list (third out of six movies).
Aren't there 9? From 2003 to 2009
I did make a typo there; I meant seven. I don’t really consider the 2003 films as part of the What’s New era. They feel like their own distinct era to me because of them getting the original voice actors back, and the fact that the gang is all wearing their classic outfits (whereas they have their WNSD designs in the other seven films).
While some of the voices and clothes may be different, those movies feel and play out the same as a WNSD film to me. I've always considered them part of the same era. And two movies can't really make up a true era by themselves either.
That's fair. I guess the 2003 films don't necessarily feel like an "era" to me, but they do feel like their own distinct thing from the rest of the WNSD films. I disagree about them having a similar feel to the WNSD films; they feel a little different to me. It's probably an unpopular opinion, but they almost feel like kind of a bridge between the end of the 1998-2001 era and the WNSD era.
This falls out pretty easily for me actually
3. A Highland Fling With a Monstrous Things- It’s alright. Nothing special. A middling season 3 episode
2. Loch Ness Monster- A good film that will probably end up winning the poll, but is very securely in second place for me
1. The Loch Ness Mess- A masterpiece. It eloquently mixed together and absolutely CLASSIC and near perfect haunted house mystery with a lake monster mystery, all while having cool settings like the covered bridge and absolutely gorgeous visuals throughout the episode. An all time great episode, top ten at least
Same for me, and we have the same list this week!
3. A Highland Fling with a Monstrous Thing - I like this one well enough, and I particularly enjoy the scene with Scooby and Shaggy in the library. It has a very spooky vibe and I wish the rest of the episode would have been more like it. I enjoyed the Loch Ness Monster, and the ghost was fine, but there are definitely better season 3 episodes than this one.
2. Loch Ness Monster - I really enjoy this film. It felt quite cinematic to me (as many of the WNSD era films do) and it was fun having the setting be at Daphne's ancestral home.
1. The Loch Ness Mess - My favorite Scooby-Doo episode of all-time. My favorite haunted house mystery (spoilers as to my choice for that poll in a couple of weeks haha) and the settings are gorgeous. The Harlem Globetrotters feel like a part of the gang, and I love all of the different settings and the ghosts are amazing villains. Perfect episode.
A Highland Fling with a Monstrous Thing for me!
It's definitely a great episode! Even though I have it last in my rankings, I honestly don't dislike any of the options in this week's poll.
For me I just feel the other two are good but let down in parts, why I went for the underdog here. I don't feel it's a standout episode but it's decent.
Fair enough, I enjoyed the other two more (especially "The Loch Ness Mess") but to each their own :)
Loch Ness Monster
scooby doo and the loch ness monster. which is also my favorite scooby doo movie of all time😊
That's awesome! :)
3) Loch Ness Monster - Bland to me personally. It evokes no emotions in me and just simply exists. 2) Loch Ness Mess - Pretty good.
1) Highland Fling with a Monstrous Thing - Far and away the best. Top notch castle antics by Shaggy and Scooby. So much fun. Love the scene in the library with the marshmallows. Really exemplifies Shaggy and Scooby's friendship. Great response by Scooby when Shaggy asks who would want 100 wrist watches. The rest of the gang might be boring in this episode but Shaggy and Scooby are sublime.
As someone who doesn't typically like the Shaggy/Scooby antics in season 3, I do really like the castle antics and the marshmallow scene in the library. It's a very sweet friendship moment between them! :)
Fun Fact Of The Week
Year In Review