Happy Friday and hope everyone who celebrated or are currently celebrating had a good holiday!
Unlike most of my other posts, this post doesn't really have a central focus, it's more of a hodgepodge of things I wanted to say before the year ended.
As promised, I'll reveal the results to the poll. "More Articles" won by a huge amount, 20 people voted that they wanted to see more articles. 4 voted for Another Weekly Blog Series, and only one person voted for a List of Home Media Releases.
Before go into my plans related to the poll results and the site overall for 2017, I'd like to take a moment to briefly mention something. I am aware that two people attempted to rig the poll by voting multiple times, one of those people voting over twenty different times for the same option. I can assure everyone that these extra votes were not included in the final results. For your information and for future polls, I have set up all of my polls to only count one vote from each IP address. Although it may appear to take your vote if you do attempt to vote multiple times, the system will delete any additional votes after the first one when it is adding up the final results. While you certainly can vote multiple times, it's not really worth your time or effort as the site is able to detect when you are voting multiple times by your IP address. Thank you for voting honestly in the future.
For the rest of this post, I'd like to quick talk about my favorite parts of the site in 2016 and my plans for 2017.
Of course, one of my favorite parts of the site is and always will be hearing how the site has helped people. On a guess, I'd say I recieved about 15 emails throughout the year saying how much the How To Have A Complete Scooby Collection guide has helped people, which is really awesome and makes me feel good that it is so helpful to people.
Another thing I love is hearing suggestions about how I could make the site and blog better. It's always nice to know what I'm doing right and things I could be doing better, as it helps make the site better as a whole.
I love getting to talk with everyone and meet new people. In my opinion, typing out pages of information and adding pictures is all well and good, but it's the fans that really matter. I'd say this is definitely my favorite part of the site, period. I've met and talked to tons of new awesome Scooby fans this year, from a fan who's new to the franchise trying to start his own podcast to a paleontologist and his goth wife living in Russia, and many, many more. I'm so thankful for all of you, and I look forward to chatting more with you all in the new year. You guys are awesome!
Although this was a TON of work, I enjoyed making the episode guides and finally finishing them this year! I spent countless hours throughout the year trying to make sure they looked perfect, and I love how they turned out!
Last but not least, of course I love writing the fun facts! They are a lot of fun to research and write, and I've loved posting them every week for going on two and a half years now. I've never mentioned why I post them Mondays simply because it's never come up, but this seems like a good time to do it. Personally, I've never been a Monday person at all and I know a lot of people feel the same way, so I wanted to add something special to the day to make it a bit more exciting, and to give people something to look forward to, rather than dread, on Monday mornings. It's a simple reason really, but I hope it's given you all something to look forward to on Mondays as well.
Lastly, I'd like to take a moment to talk about what my New Years' Resolutions are related to the site are:
1. This isn't something I'm necessarily proud of, but I'll admit there have been a few Mondays where I've had to quick pull something together for the fun facts instead of writing them in advance like I would prefer to do. In the coming year, my goal is to write the fun facts in advance always so I have time to research what I'm writing about and give you all a more in-depth, exciting fun fact. I've already written six in advance for 2017 and they've all turned out fantastic. I can't wait for you all to see them!
2. The character page is something that's been on my list for far too long, and it's something I'd finally like to take care of in 2017. Once it's complete, there will be in-depth descriptions of each and every recurring and main character along with a picture of each of them.
3. Another thing I'd like to do is make the site more suggestion-focused. I have had a few people email me suggestions for what they'd like to see on the site that have unfortunately not had a chance to be implemented yet and I've had to tell those people that it would be put on my list of things to do. And to clarify, I'm not one of those people who's "list" is simply a mental list that I remember for a brief time and then forget about. I actually do have a physical list saved on my computer of all the things I have left to do on my computer (which is unfortunately getting quite lengthy now).
So if you do have any suggestions, whether it's praise, criticism, or whatever else, please feel free to email me at email@example.com. Another thing I'd like to mention, please don't feel bad about giving me constructive criticism or pointing out a typo! I'd say 90% of the criticism/typo emails I get begin with "I'm so sorry if I sound rude" or something along those lines. I enjoy getting constructive criticism and/or typo fix notes so I know what I should be doing better or fixing. So, please don't be shy about letting me know whatever you want to let me know or suggest, as it won't make me feel bad at all.
4. This is a more broad resolution that expands to this site, ScoobyAddicts and social media, but I'd like to keep up more of a presence in the fandom. I feel really bad saying I'm constantly busy all the time, especially now with the holidays. Honestly, as those of you who I talk to on a regular basis know, I've been super reclusive online lately and I barely check anything other than this site anymore (which for the record feels super weird not talking to anyone!). My goal in 2017 is to come up with a better balance and keep up a regular presence in the online Scooby fandom.
5. Finally, as I mentioned earlier I'd like to do more with the blog. I definitely will be writing more articles that will hopefully create more discussion on the blog. Even though this option didn't win, I'd also like to possibly create another weekly blog series on here (although I'm not sure what it would be at the moment) at some point in the year. I'm really looking forward to writing more articles for the blog and I think 2017 will be a great year for ScoobySnax.com!